INtime and UEFI

[INtime 6.4.21125.1]

I heard an (unsubstantiated) claim that INtime does not work (well?) with Windows booted via UEFI.

I could not find any information on TenAsys’s website to substantiate the claim. What I did find suggested that it was a supported configuration.

From Current INtime Product Information

UEFI boot mode support is now enabled with this update. ACPI support has been updated to version 6.2 and multiple improvements have been made to the disk format utilities.

When an INtime Distributed RTOS USB boot stick is created it may be booted either using Legacy boot mode, or UEFI boot mode. Whichever method is used will be the default method for booting the installed system, although this may be overridden by the user during the installation process.

This page also referenced “INtime Distributed RTOS” and a related performance issue (text scrolling), but I suppose we’re not using INtime in a distributed fashion.

I cannot find any pertinent information from TenAsys (and am not optimistic about getting answers to questions since I’m not a customer).

Do you know if there are reasons we should use BIOS/legacy booting over UEFI?

Tenasys has explained to us that it depends on the actual UEFI implementation. Poorly designed UEFIs will not perform well and will introduce jitter, while well designed UEFIs will be fine.

At this time our advice is to install in BIOS/Legacy to avoid potential issues.

1 Like