CustomNodeInfo.XML

Is there documentation for this feature?

In particular, I’m wondering about how much/little I need to add to this file to get the behavior I want.

Is it true that if I add a single product for a vendor to CustomNodeInfo.xml (henceforth, “CNI”), that I have to add all the products for that vendor? It seems like my brief experience with CNI supports that hypothesis.

If I need to do something special/unusual for a single Beckhoff device, will I then need to add entries for all the Beckhoff devices that I intend to support (a much, much larger list)?

Can you describe the kind of “merge” behavior that I should expect when RMP “combines” info from NodeInfo.xml and CNI. If I only want to add/modify PDO entries for a product, will I also have to copy other settings from the “standard” entry in NodeInfo.xml?

Can you describe the kind of conflict resolution employed if an element exists in both sources (but the attributes or contents may differ)?

The documentation is here:

and it states “Any Vendor entry in CustomNodeInfo.xml will fully replace any Vendor entry in NodeInfo.xml.”

We’ll follow-up more tomorrow. @jacob

Dang! I searched your website for CustomNodeInfo and the top 10-20 results were to community posts.
Thanks for the link.

Hi @todd_mm

The specific behavior is to read NodeInfo.xml then read CustomNodeInfo.xml.
For each Vendor in CustomNodeInfo.xml, we remove all data associated with the vendor (from NodeInfo.xml) then add in the vendor (from CustomNodeInfo.xml).

It is not pretty for Beckhoff which has so many nodes. However, it is as simple as copying the whole Beckhoff block over and editing only those Products to care about though.